Finfind was developed by the USAID’s Financial Sector Program (FSP), which supports the accomplishment of the U.S. Government’s Economic Growth Objective in South Africa.
Aimed at addressing the challenges experienced by SMMEs in accessing finance, finfind is one of three main vehicles to promote vibrant growth of small and medium businesses as well as reduce unemployment and poverty.
The key objective for the Financial Sector Program was to ensure that entrepreneurs had access to high-quality, affordable financial products and services for small business by working in four key areas:
- Financial services
- Small business bankability
- Enabling environment
- Knowledge sharing
In 2013 USAID commissioned a South African business, The Development House (TDH), to continue to champion the finfind development and implementation. TDH continues to work hand in hand with the South African Small Business Development Ministry, the HRDC and USAID to ensure that small businesses have access to this innovative solution to address the challenge of small business finance.
WHAT FINFIND DOES
finfind is a one-stop portal to prepare businesses to access finance. It has 4 distinct sections as described below.
1. Learn about finance
This section is full of useful information that will help you discover:
- The common challenges faced by small businesses when trying to access finance and how to overcome them
- The different types of business needs for finance and what finance options exist for each one
- The different types of finance and how they work
- What lenders look for and what is expected of you
- How to manage the outcomes of a loan application
WHAT FINFIND DOES NOT DO
- Provide professional financial, legal or tax advice
- Endorse lenders
- Provide information on internal financial management
source – FinFind
To inquire and source possible funding for your business – send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org