In using this website you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing English Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as such, any information concerning the Client and their respective Client Records may be passed to third parties. However, Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than advertisers with whom you make contact via any adverts displayed on Money101 or if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Non endorsement of direct selling companies
- We specifically do not endorse or represent direct selling companies, where there is no or very limited advice or any consultation process in the provision of services or products, we urge you to seek the advice of any registered financial advisor or planner.
- We further draw your attention to, that when dealing with any direct insurer or direct service provider (i.e. a phone in telephone sales type service or product provider), that you will still be paying commissions and fees and that in almost all cases you will not receive comprehensive advice or a detailed FNA, which will prejudice your overall financial planning and success. Please seek professional advice from any of Money101’s accredited advisors.
NB. By contacting an advisor the chances are that you will pay less for more comprehensive service and product construction that will benefit you, your family and or your business.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
We draw your attention to specifically accept that by reading any article on any matter of a personal financial nature or of a business nature, that you accept that we as Money101 highly recommend that you.
- Do not act on any advice, suggestions, remedies or solutions contained in any article published in Money101 in isolation, before you have sought professional assistance or advice from a qualified, registered professional.
- That you understand that all articles are intended to guide you in a particular issue or financial challenge, but that sound financial planning requires that you meet and appoint an advisor who will be able to conduct a comprehensive FNA – Financial needs analysis, this is in order for any financial advisor to fully understand your particular needs and goals before you act on any decision.
- Meeting with a qualified advisor is recommended before you make any financial decisions & we highly recommend that you contact an advisor prior to making any final financial decisions.
- Money101 will not be responsible & cannot be held directly or indirectly liable for any loses or loses due to any articles, suggestions or advice contained in any article published in Money101 or by any of its affiliate advertisers or advisors marketing their services on Money101.
- All advisors where required will carry their own professional indemnity and Money101 does not employ their services directly.
- Excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- Excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
- When investing any sum of money through any institution , advisor or business – we stress that you must exercise caution and if necessary seek a second opinion, in order to ensure that you are receiving appropriate advice, from certified registered providers.
- If in doubt please contact the South African FSB on www.fsb.co.za and confirm and or request confirmation of accreditation or registration, once again we as Money101 will not accept any liability for any advice provided or losses incurred by any business or individual.
- Please exercise caution, when investing in any unlisted property schemes or developments, or any instrument or company that is not listed as a registered financial service provider, as you may not be covered by professional indemnity.
- We specifically do not endorse or represent direct selling companies, where there is no or very limited advice in the provision of services or products, we urge you to seek the advice of any registered financial advisor or planner.
- We further draw your attention that when dealing with any direct insurer or direct service provider that you will still be paying commissions and fees and that in most cases you will not receive comprehensive advice or a detailed FNA, which will prejudice your overall financial planning and success. Please as stressed seek professional advice from any Money101 accredited advisors.
- NB. By contacting an advisor the chances are that you will pay less for more comprehensive service and product construction.
This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
CAA – Contact an Advisor
Is a service offered by Money101 for advisors nationally to market their services & businesses on CAA through Money101. We do not accept any responsibility for the advice actions or service provided by any CAA member. We strongly suggest that you interview any advisor or business with which you intend to do business with.
- Advisors may include Financial planners, advisors, consultants
- Advocates, attorneys or legal planners
- Accountants, book keepers, auditors
- Business service consultants in the broadest sense possible.
- Excludes all representations and warranties relating to Contact an Advisor or any of their representatives, advisors, brokers or their staff advertised on this website and or its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss
Payment by advertisers, CAA members or business partners
Electronic transfer and or debit order deductions are our acceptable methods of payment. Our Terms are payment in full within thirty days. All goods remain the property of the Company until paid for in full. Monies that remain outstanding by the due date will incur late payment interest at the rate of 12% above the prevailing Bank of England’s base rate on the outstanding balance until such time as the balance is paid in full and final settlement. We reserve the right to seek recovery of any monies remaining unpaid sixty days from the date of invoice via collection Agencies and/or through the Small Claims Court in the event that the outstanding balance does not exceed R50 000. In such circumstances, you shall be liable for any and all additional administrative and/or court costs.
Returned payments will incur a R150. charge to cover banking fees and administrative costs. In an instance of a second Returned cheque, we reserve the right to terminate the arrangement and, if agreed to, we shall insist on future cash transactions only. Consequently, all bookings and/or transactions and agreements entered into will cease with immediate effect until such time as any and all outstanding monies are recovered in full.
Minimum 30 days’ notice of cancellation required. Notification for instance, in person, via email, mobile phone ‘text message’ and/or fax, or any other means will be accepted subject to confirmation in writing. We reserve the right to levy a R250 charge to cover any subsequent administrative expenses.
Termination of Agreements and Refunds Policy
Both the Client and we have the right to terminate any Services Agreement for any reason, including the ending of services that are already underway. No refunds shall be offered, where a Service is deemed to have begun and is, for all intents and purposes, underway. Any monies that have been paid to us which constitute payment in respect of the provision of unused Services shall be refunded.
Unless otherwise stated, the services featured on this website are only available within the South Africa, or in relation to postings from the South Africa. All advertising is intended solely for the South African market. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including such by framing or other similar or any other means, without the express written consent of the Company. The Company does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service you thereby indemnify this Company, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
You accept that as part of our advertising strategy that you may or will be redirected from certain adverts directly to the advertiser’s website or to the appropriate person or company who is marketing their services. This will include “Contact An Advisor”, being the advisor section of Money101
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website.
This Company’s logo is a registered trademark of this Company in the South Africa and other countries. The brand names and specific services of this Company featured on this web site are trademarked.
You agree not to use any derogatory language which will include, profanity, and racist remarks, sexist or sexual innuendo or socially unacceptable words or grammar & respect the rights of other individuals who express any comments or ides.
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, & other contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature or via the Company’s stated telephone, facsimile or mobile telephone numbers.
You further consent and agree that when you register for any service or offer on Money101 that you agree that we will add you to our secure data base for the express purpose of communicating with you on a regular basis via electronic newsletters, e-mail, normal land post or via cellular SMS.
As is law you may opt out of any communication by clicking the “opt out” option on any communication and we will not make any further contact with you, unless requested to do so.
This company is registered in South Africa, our address being 5 Libertas Road Bryanston. 2711 4650508
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
The laws of South Africa govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website and by using our services/buying or our products you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of the Company.
Notification of Changes
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between you the Client / user and ourselves, and our advertising partners or suppliers. Your accessing of this website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.